Meet Your #ITSDC2019 Communications Committee: Rob Morosi
Rob Morosi, Michigan Department of Transportation
• What is your role and what does it entail? My role as a communications specialist varies and that’s the best part of my job. From media relations, to promotions, to serving on external committees, there is not a single day that mimics the next. It’s an ever-changing profession which keeps me invigorated and always wanting to learn more.
• Favorite part of working in ITS comms/marketing? The transformational promise that ITS holds. We are on the verge of the next great transportation revolution and to be on the front lines of this cutting-edge industry is incredibly rewarding.
• How many ITS Annual Meetings have you attended? I was fortunate to chair the ITS America Communications Committee for the 2018 Annual Meeting in my hometown of Detroit.
• What you are most looking forward to at #ITSDC2019? Learning what advancements have been made in the past year, not only from a public agency perspective, but also industry-wide.
• What’s one thing about you that surprises people? I love to cook.
• Best advice you’ve ever been given? My mother, a grade school teacher, always reminded me to listen to others before I speak. Her infamous, “there is a reason God gave you two ears and one mouth” resonates with me to this day.