Meet Your #ITSDC2019 Communications Committee: Lauren Jochum
Lauren Jochum, Gridsmart | CUBIC
Vice President of Brand and Chief of Staff
• What is your role and what does it entail? As the VP of Brand, it is my responsibility to make sure our entire team lives and breathes the GRIDSMART Brand. Brand is the most influential part of the Company, so the Chief of Staff role allows me to monitor how that translates to every department. As CoS, I also work directly with our VP & GM on strategic and time-sensitive issues.
• Favorite part of working in ITS comms/marketing? The general public isn’t well informed on the importance of Intelligent transportation. It’s exciting to have a voice as we educate the public, policymakers, and the media on the role ITS plays in their daily lives, especially as we move towards a connected future.
• How many ITS Annual Meetings have you attended? I previously worked at ITS America, so I spent several years helping to plan the event!
• What you are most looking forward to at #ITSDC2019? Funding our nation’s intelligent transportation infrastructure needs is critical, so it’s exciting to have the Annual Meeting in DC and raise the ITS profile with our federal policymakers.
• What’s one thing about you that surprises people? Most people are surprised to learn that I have 4 kids and 3 of them are under the age of 2!