Meet Your #ITSDC2019 Communications Committee: Chelsie McKittrick
Chelsie MCkittrick, Kapsch Trafficcom North america
Marketing Communications Project Manager
• What is your role and what does it entail? I handle Kapsch TrafficCom’s North American tradeshow logistics and social media content. Organization is the key to success in my role, ensuring all tradeshow deliverables are on time and in budget, and social media content is created and coordinated within schedule.
• Favorite part of working in ITS comms/marketing? I’m a very hands-on and creative person, so I enjoy the constant change and the creativity involved in marketing. No two days are the same and I am able to create something new every day, whether in writing, processes or design.
• How many ITS Annual Meetings have you attended? This is one of those things that I wish I would have made a list of when I started so I could keep track of all the shows that I have been to, to look back on. I would say since I started in the ITS industry in 2014, I have been to at least 4-8 shows a year. Depending on the year.
• What you are most looking forward to at #ITSDC2019? I am looking forward to connecting with colleagues in the ITS industry and seeing what new projects and technologies are being presented.
• What’s one thing about you that surprises people? My art/paintings. They don’t seem surprised when I tell them I like art, but then seem surprised when I show them some of my work.
• Best advice you’ve ever been given? “Just do it”. And no that is not Nike. Backstory: starting out as a waitress, I was really nervous about carrying the huge trays of food and doubted my ability to lift them and balance them successfully to the table. I asked a fellow waitress “how do you lift these and not drop them?!” and her reply was simple “Just do it.” Considering that my alternative would be to lose my job, I pushed my self-doubt aside and just did it. I have found that in order to progress in life, sometimes you have to “just do it” regardless of doubt and fear.